Google Ads Conversion Tracking in Ecommerce
You must have once created an ad with Google Ads , in order to promote your online store products, or you could be still using this tool to reach customers, promote your store, and increase sales.
But then, how can you know that those ads, that you created and spent huge budgets on, have done well and have actually succeeded in achieving their goal of increasing sales and conversion rate to the store?
That’s why you need a tool to measure how well your ads are performing to understand whether you are moving in the right direction or need to adjust your advertising plans to reach more customers.
ExpandCart platform has provided all its users, retailers, online store owners, and online service providers with the ability to measure the performance of their advertising campaigns on Google Ads through Google Ads conversion tracking .
In this article, we will explain step by step how you can integrate Google Ads with your online store so that you can track the conversion rate to your store through those ads.
Your ads on Google and your online store are integrated in order to track the customers who ended up submitting an order to your store through these ads. The integration takes place on two steps: the first step is to get the conversion ID and the conversion label through your personal account on Google Ads.
The second step is the integration on the dashboard of your online store on ExpandCart.
Step 1: How to Get Conversion ID and Label from Your Google Ads Account
Sign in to your Google Ads account or create a new account if you don’t already have one.
- On the top of the page, click on “Tools & Settings.” Under the “Measurement” column, choose “Conversions.”
- Click the plus sign + to add new conversion.
- From the four options in this page, select the “Website” option, to track actions on your website like online sales, link clicks, page views, and sign-ups.
- Next, you will be directed to a page to create a conversion action for your website, which requires you to set up a conversion procedure for your website by selecting the following options:
- Category: Select “Purchase.”
- Conversion name: This is the name of the ad as you see it in your Google Ads account.
- Value: Select “Use different values for each conversion.”
- Count: Select “Every.”
- Hit “Create and Continue.”
- You’ll be directed to the tag setup page, from which choose the “Install the tag yourself” option.
- Scroll down to “Global site tag” and “Event snippet” as shown in the image. These are the two codes you will need to paste in your store’s dashboard on ExpandCart. Copy these codes into a text document on your computer or leave the page open until you copy them directly to your store’s dashboard.
- Step 2: How to Integrate Your Store with Google Ads from ExpandCart Dashboard
- Go to your store’s dashboard on ExpandCart platform.
- On the far left, click on the “Marketing” option and then click “Integrations.”
- On the integrations page, you will find a section for “Google AdWords, which contains three main setup icons as follows:
- Status: In order for this feature to be enabled, click Enable
- Conversion ID: Paste here the first code that you copied from the “Global site tag” section on your Google Ads account.
- Conversion Label: Paste the second code that you copied from the “Event snippet” section on your Google Ads account.
- Hit the “Save” button on the bottom of the page and start tracking customer actions, performance of your ads, and the number of successful conversions to your website as a result of your ads on Google.